Nebraska Concealed Carry Weapon Course
The Nebraska CCW course is designed to meet all the criteria for a citizen to pass the state guidelines and obtain their Nebraska Concealed Handgun permit.
The course is open to all levels of students, with both a classroom and a firing range portion. View Course Schedule for dates and times.
With the rise in violent attacks by disturbed people looking for fame, it is becoming more and more important for citizens to be able to defend themselves wherever they may be. One method of deterring would-be attackers is to arm yourself with a handgun. Steiner Academy of Firearms Training is the premier institution for receiving the proper training to pass the Nebraska CCW course requirements.
- Conflict Resolution • Situational Awareness • Firearms Safety Rules
- Safe Handgun Storage • Basic Handgun Shooting Fundamentals
- Basic Handgun and Handgun Ammunition Nomenclature
- Concealed Carry Techniques • Holsters and Methods of Carry
- Federal/State/Local Laws regarding Purchase, Ownership, Firearms Possession and Transportation
- Federal/State/Local Laws regarding Use of Force, Degrees of Assault & Justifiable Homicide
- Nebraska State Statutes • City Ordinances
- Rules and Regulations of the Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit Program.
NOTE: DO NOT BRING AMMO INTO THE CLASSROOM. KEEP AMMO LOCKED IN YOUR VEHICLE.
- Handgun • the gun you plan to carry is recommended. Two or more magazines for Semi-Auto.
- Quality holster and magazine carriers (All holsters must completely cover the trigger) (No cross draw, small of the back, shoulder rigs allowed)
- Quality belt (To ensure proper carry of holster)
- Closed toe Shoes Suitable for range
- 50 rounds of ammunition. Factory ammunition only – (no reloads/hand loads)
- Your Nebraska Drivers License
- Ear and wrap around eye protection (required)
- Appropriate concealment garment (open front preferred, must completely conceal weapon)
- You are welcome to bring your own sack lunch. There are also several fast food restaurants nearby.
- A pen and a notepad for taking notes.
- Spare ammunition pouches, carrier, or magazine holster (optional)
- No ammunition in classroom, Be sure to bring Firearm, magazines, holster, belt, notepad for classroom.
Duration: 1 day (8 hours) (2 days as scheduled) - Classes Held @ 8910 Military road Inner 10 Weapons and training -Indoor Range